(Based on trip reviews)
Distance: 50 Kms. (Approximately)
Best Season: Sep - Dec, Jan - May, Jun - Aug
Grade*: 5-, 4, NR
Water Flow: 150-800, 100-300, 600-1100
Nepal Trekking in Himalayas company offer you Karnali River Rafting. This is one of the best rivers rafting in the world. This magnificent river originates from Mt. kailash in Tibet. Karnali River literally means. Holy water from the sacred mountain,
Sauli is the rafting put-in-point. The river drops into imposing canyons filled with powerful big volume white-water. Also there is a wide variety of fauna and flora including dense forests, jungle and also remote villages. Just enough easier water to regroup and prepare for the next big challenge separates rapids like Captivity, Flip and Strip and Gods House. Similarly towards the end of the trip the river gradient begins to ease as the Karnali leaves the mountains and flows out into the Gangetic plains of Terai. Also jungle is thickens and the river is broadens than pristine Beaches become bigger and more beautiful.
Finally leaving you close to Bardia National Park. Again where you can combine your rafting adventure with a safari trip and maybe spot some of the parks one-horned rhinos and elusive tigers or you can either drive back or fly back to Kathmandu.
- swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
- Day 01: Arrival to TIA airport.
- Kathmandu (1360m) side seen
- Kathmandu -Nepalgunj flight- Surkhet Drive.
- Surkhet to Sauli
- Rafting Beginning.
- Rafting to God-house.
- Rafting to Seti Dovan.
- Rafting to Jamuna Village.
- Rafting pleasantly to Chisapani.
- Drive Back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrival to TIA airport. Pick up from TIA then check in to hotel in Kathmandu Upon arrival in Kathmandu. Our team member will be waiting outside the airport terminal a few meters from the exit door. Please check your name at Show card. He will bring you to hotel in Kathmandu. The drive from the airport to the hotel is around 20 minutes. After refreshment, we will brief your plan more visibly.
- Kathmandu (1360m) side seen, Population: -counted nationwide in AD. 2011, Kathmandu had households: 434344 & population: 1744240.Major Place to see: -Buddhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath, Swayambhu nath, Kathmandu durbar square, Patan durbar square, Bhaktapur durbar square etc.In the morning we explore Kathmandu on an organized sightseeing tour Guide then Prepare for trekking.
- Kathmandu -Nepalgunj flight- Surkhet Drive. You will be transferred to Surkhet via Nepalgunj Flight by airway in the afternoon in a domestic airlines enjoying scenic beauty of Nepal with the views of Mountains and green hills. Surkhet is regional headquarter of Mid-Western region of Nepal so you can stay overnight luxuriously here.
- Surkhet to Sauli On this day, you will be driven to Sauli which is the starting point for Karnali River rafting. While travelling through the villages and picturesque views of the surrounding, you feel like you are in wonderland. Everything around you looks fresh and impressive. Here you stay overnight exploring the surrounding area in the evening.
- Rafting Beginning. On this day, rafting adventure in Karnali starts there from Sauli. Rafting continues in the wilderness of Karnali facing the challenges of big bounces and rapids in big water. Rafting continues with excitements sometimes forgetting to breathe in handling the technical difficulties. We stay overnight in a camp by the river.
- Rafting to God-house. This day rafting is more challenging. Rafters can experience the real flow of the river while they are having adventures. The rafting continues through pristine jungles with the opportunities to explore passing some gorges and really challenging rapids. You stay overnight in the God-House area.
- Rafting to Seti Dovan. This day adventure is too not less than yesterdays. So many high bounces and rapids is to be handled while floating in the rivers. The excitement reaches its height in white water where you dip into the waters from rapids. Enjoying the adventurous rafting, we stay in Seti Dovan area in a camp.
- Rafting to Jamuna Village. Rafting continues with the excitement and enjoying astonishing views of the natural landscapes. Breath stopping challenges in the river make you restless and overwhelmed. The journey in the water of Karnali is mostly adventurous with magnificent views of jungles and natural lives. We stay overnight in a camp in Jamuna village area.
- Rafting pleasantly to Chisapani.Camp beside the river bank. These days rafting is pleasant enough when you reach at the confluence of Seti River. The river broadens and many kayakers can be found in the river. You can rest for one day to explore the surrounding area with the team or can ask for information about the region with your guide. The rapids in the river can be felt dying out so challenges are not to be faced in water adventure. After reaching at Chisapani rafting adventure comes to the put-out point. There are options to visit Bardia National Park or retrieving back to Kathmandu. National park exploration is best way to add more adventure.
- Drive Back to Kathmandu. Our company members will receive you and transfer to the hotel. You have free time to visit missed sites of the city. We organize celebration dinner in the evening with company members. Stay overnight in the Hotel.
- Farewell, It is the last day of the trip in Nepal for this time. If you have time enough, you can have sightseeing and shopping in the markets. Before 3 hours of scheduled flight, the representatives of our company will take you to the TIA.
- Private Transportation.
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip.
- River Permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, , dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety, medical equipment and sleeping bag.
- Safety Kayak.
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- First aid kid box.
- Company T-Shirt.
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip,
- Emergency evacuation,
- Things of personal use,
- Member insurance,
- Tips to Staffs,
- The service not mention here in,
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.
Note:Please ensure names must be exactly the same as your passport (for ticketing/security purposes). You could incur extra costs or even miss your flight if the names are not correct.