(Based on trip reviews)
Starting from: Syabrubesi
Ending at: Sundarijal
Highest access of the trek: 4280m
Culture encounter: Tamang
Trekking type: Teahouse
Himalayan sights: Langtang Region
Most Attraction of the trek: Snow Cap with Holy lake
Best Seasion: March, April, May, September, October & November
Meal: Menu choice (breakfast, lunch, & Dinner)
Transportation: By bus/car / Air
Minimum Group Size: 1
Per day Walking: 5 to 7 hours
Itinerary type: Customized
Langtang valley trekking with Gosaikunda is one of the most popular trekking areas in Nepal. Situated North of Kathmandu and border of Tibet. It is the most easily accessible highland sanctuary from the capital.
Langtang valley lies at the south of the Tibetan border. It is sandwiched between the main Himalayan range to the north of Nepal. A slightly lower range of snowy peaks to the south. Langtang valley trekking begins with the drive along the Trisuli River north of Kathmandu. Via trisuli Bazaar; we will reach to Dhunche then Syabrubensi. Manly villagers are originally from Tibet. Once this route was an popular trading route with the Tibet. Therefore, most of the villagers and peoples here still are involved in trade.
We also have chance to see some wild animals and birds. Among them are the monkeys, musk deer, Pika and the national bird of Nepal. We continue our Trekking to Kyangjin Gompa (3,740 m). In between, we cross many rivers along a gorge and pass through oak and rhododendron forests and glacial moraine. After a overnight stay in Gompa, we visit the local yak cheese factory. We will have a great chance to see the glaciers, which is also a gateway to Tibet and we return back to Syabru besi.
Kyanjin-Ri and Tserko-Ri will give a best panoramic view of Langtang valley trekking is mainly to have trek in the remote but the most amazing valley of Langtang region, where you can have an exciting moment in Langtang valley trekking. our company frequently makes trip to this area.
- Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400m/3,280ft)
- Rimche- Langtang(3500m)
- Langtang – KyanjinGompa(3960m)
- KyanjinGompa: exploring day
- KyanjinGompa- Rimche
- Rimche – ThuloSyabru(2200m)
- ThuloSyabru- Shinggomba(3250m)
- Shinggomba- Gosainkunda: (4600m)
- Gosainkunda- Gopte(3430m)
- Gopte- Kutumsang(2500m)
- Kutumsang- Chisapani(2140m)
- Chisapani- Sundarijal(1360m)
- Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400m/3,280ft)
Our team member will be waiting outside the airport terminal a few meters from the exit door. Please check your name at Showcard. He will bring you to hotel in Kathmandu. The drive from the airport to the hotel is around 20 minutes. After refreshment, we will brief your plan more visibly.
- Kathmandu(1400m) Tour
Population: – counted nationwide in AD. 2011, Kathmandu had households: 434344 & population: 1744240. Major Place to see: -BodhnathStupa, Pashupatinath, syombhunath, Kathmandu durbar square, patan durbar square, Bhaktapur durbar square etc.
In the morning we explore Kathmandu on an organized sightseeing tour Guide then Prepare for trekking.
- Kathmandu-Dhunche-Syabrubesi(1450m): 8 hours by bus
Dhunche is the center of this area and has public offices and army camp.Youare heading north out of Kathmandu driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Dhunche or Syaprubesi. While passing along the road on the bank of the Trishuli River you catch a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills
- Syabrubesi-Rimche(2240m) (Trekking: approximately 6 hours)
The first part of the trail crosses through BhoteKoshi and follows the LangtangKhola. This trail is gradually ascent up to Bamboo passing through Landslide. Afterwards, your trek ascends gently to Rimche (2400m.) through Bamboo (1960m.) which lies at the bank of LangtangKhola. You can have lunch at this place if you like. And at the end your trail is level to the Rimche which is 10 minute before the Lamahotel. En route you could see red pandas, monkey and bear if you are lucky.
- Rimche- Langtang(3500m): (Trekking: approximately 6 hours)
After Lama hotel you will climb through a Rhododendron forest. The ground covered by moss. Trees have ferns and epiphytic orchids on them. It looks like semi tropical jungle. As you continue climbing there are occasional glimpses of LangtangLirung between the trees. At GhodeTabela [3000m], the trail emerges from the forest. Once there was a Tibetan resettlement project here, but now it is a Nepalese army post though it has no permanent inhabitants. The trail continues to climb gently and the valley widens, passing a few temporary settlements used by herders who bring their livestock to graze in the high pastures during the summer months. There is a monastery, which you can visit shortly before arriving at the village of Langtang, the headquarters of the Langtang National Park. The houses of Langtang and its neighboring villages are of the flat-roofed Tibetan style, surrounded by stone walls enclosing fields of buckwheat, potatoes, wheat, turnips and barley
- Langtang – KyanjinGompa(3960m): (Trekking: approximately 4 hours)
The trail climbs gradually through small villages and yak pastures as the valley opens out further and the views become more extensive. After crossing several small streams and moraines, the trail reaches the settlement at Kyangjin. Here, there is a small monastery and a government-operated cheese factory. You should arrive at Kyangjin by lunch time allowing time to acclimatize and explore the area. It is a dramatic setting, with snow-covered peaks surrounding you in all directions such as LangtangLirung, Ganjalapeak,Tserko- Ri, Langsisari and many others.
- KyanjinGompa: exploring day
KhayanjingGompa is the last permanent settlement with a small Gompa and a cheese factory. Use it as a base for day hikes, exploring the upper valley try to climbing the small hill north of Khayanjing or Tsergori(5033m). which lies upvalley from Khayanjing. Upper valley is ringed by spectacular snow peaks including fluted peak LangtangLirung and the Tibetan named DorjeLakpa .
- KyanjinGompa- Rimche: (Trekking: approximately 6 hours)
From Kyangjin you retrace your route, following the LangtangKhola to Langtang village and on to GhoraTabela. After lunch, you continue the steep descent Lama Hotel then Rimche.
- Rimche – ThuloSyabru(2200m):(Trekking: approximately 6 hours)
You continue retracing your steps some of the way to ThuloSyabru, but then branch left ascending a steep path through forests to suddenly emerge with a view of Syabru and its extensive area of millet terraces. An undulating path brings you to this fascinating village where each house is set above its neighbor, in a long line up the very crest of the ridge. It’s a great place to wander about, catching glimpses of Tamang life, admiring the beautifully carved wooden windows or simply relaxing in the sun.
- ThuloSyabru- Shinggomba(3250m):(Trekking: approximately 6 hours)
From ThuloSyabru, it is a steep climb through forests of oak, fir and rhododendron to the top of a ridge. From here it is only a short descent to Sing Gompa. There is a Buddhist monastery and a small cheese factory too. Somewhere in PhulungGhyang we can have a lunch.
- Shinggomba- Gosainkunda: (4600m)(Trekking: approximately 5 hours)
From here the path gently ascends the mountain with bare trees. After crossing the ridge, you will be going through a forest full of moss and fern. While you reach to Lauribinayak there is a spectacular views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Ganesh Himal and LangtangLirung. The best view point for entire trek. Crossing over the ridge of SaraswatiKundapper the first of several Lakes dedicated to different divinities. Gosaikund is the third lake, sacred place of Hindus and Buddhist.
- Gosainkunda- Gopte(3430m):(Trekking: approximately 8 hours)
It is one of the hindu holy place and is considered to be made by Lord Shiva. Gosaikund is as a revered holy river holding mythological significance and ancient tale and belief that Lord Shiva drove his trident in the ground to create three springs. By that springs the big Gosaikund had begain then bellow called trishuli river. The Buddhist Tamang that lives nearby also revere it as their holy place. Every August on full moon night, lake is thronged with pilgrims for a big festival. On other days the lake sits in a tranquil atmosphere.
- Gopte- Kutumsang(2500m):(Trekking: approximately 7 hours)
The trail continues through the Pine and Juniper forests from Gopte(3430m). At the begaining of the day descend then ascend to the Tharepati(3600m). Kutumsang is a beautiful village which has sufficient hotels and good lodges besides several tea-houses.
- Kutumsang- Chisapani(2140m):(Trekking: approximately 7 hours)
Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani is quite pleasant as you continue to ascend & descend hill. Five hours of comfortable walk brings you to Chisapani, a small town with great natural beauty. Several belong to be in trek trail.
- Chisapani- Sundarijal(1360m) then Kathmandu by Private car. (Trekking: approximately 3 hours, by car 1 hours) Our final night in Kathmandu gives us a chance to go out on the town and enjoy a final dinner (optional) with us.
As you know Nepal is offering much more then only Trekking so if you have time & interest then you could do some other activities too. Nepal Trekking in Himalaya organize different kind of other activities to make your holiday longer.
- Mountain Flight
- White water rafting
- Jungele Safari
- Bungee Jump
- Mountain Biking
Above holiday itinerary can be customized as our guest specific requirements and we can make shorter and longer. We design your holidays accordingly.
- Transportation for TIA -Hotel -TIA,
- Three night stay at the hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast with two people sharing one room.
- All food (3 times a day) and accommodation during trekking days,
- All government taxes, Langtang National Park entry fees and TIMS (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- Experience English speaking guide and support staff to carry your luggage (two guest = one porter (including their daily wages, life insurances, trekking equipment, food and accommodation).
- Bus transport to Kathmandu-Syabrubesi, Private car Sundarijal to Kathmandu,
- Second day one full day tour around Kathmandu with Guide.
- Medical support: emergency first aid kit carried.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Water & any kind of Drinks.
- Tips for guide and porters
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies),
- Personal expenses, any other unforeseen expenses and Personal trekking equipment.
- Services not mentioned herein
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.
Note:Please ensure names must be exactly the same as your passport (for ticketing/security purposes). You could incur extra costs or even miss your flight if the names are not correct.