(Based on trip reviews)
Starting from: Kathmandu
Ending at: Kathmandu
Highest access of the trek: 6119m at Lobuche Peak Summit
Best Seasion: Spring and Autumn
Meal: Menu choice (breakfast, lunch, & Dinner)
Transportation: Private Vehicle and Flight
Accommodation: Teahouse Lodge and Camping
Minimum Group Size: 2
Per day Walking: 5 to 7 hours
Itinerary type: Customized
Nepal Trekking in Himalayas Campany has design Lobuche Peak with Everest Base Camp Trek is has an excellent opportunity to explore and experience world’s classic Everest Base Camp Trek’ route, combined with amazing peak climbing adventure trip. Lobuche Peak is located north west from Everest Base Camp. The first successful summit of Lobuche East Peak 6,119m was made by Laurence Nielson and Ang Gyalzen Sherpa in 25 April 1984. From the summit, we will grant by beautiful views of world’s popular and highest mountain ranges including Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Amadablam, Cholatse, Pumori and many other snow-covered peaks.
Lobuche Peak trek
- Arrival Kathmandu [1400m] and transfer to hotel,
- Sightseeing at Kathmandu,
- Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla [2800m] [45 minutes] trek to Phakding,
- Phakding to Namche Bazaar,
- Rest day at Namche Bazar,
- Namche to Tengboche,
- Tengbeche to Dingboche,
- Dingboche Rest day,
- Dingboche to Lobuche,
- Lobuche to Everest Base Camp via Gorakshep Back to Gorakshep,
- Gorekshep to Lobuche via Kala Patthar,
- Lobuche to Lobuche Base Camp,
- Rest at Lobuche Base Camp,
- Summit and back to Base Camp,
- Lobuche Base Camp to Pangboche,
- Pangboche to Namche Bazzar,
- Namche Bazzar to Lukla
- Flight back Lukla to Kathmandu,
- Free day at leisure
- Arrive at Kathmandu [1345m] & Transfer to Hotel
Our representative from Nepal Trekking in Himalayas Pvt. Ltd. will meet you at Tribhuwan International Airport on your arrival schedule. You will be greeted and then transferred to the hotel in the heart of Kathmandu city. Our staff will help you until the check-in procedure ends at Hotel. You can either have a rest at the Hotel or visit NGT’s office for gathering additional information about the trip. In the evening, join our welcome dinner program organized our company
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu
Today we will spend most of our day sightseeing around some of the world heritage sites of UNESCO inside Kathmandu valley. Most importantly we will complete all the necessary paper works and make other preparations required for Nirekha Peak Climbing.
- Kathmandu to Lukla [2800m] [35 minutes flight] to Phakding [2640m] [approximately 3 hours trek]
We will be transferred to domestic airport for an early morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Lukla is the gateway to Khumbu and entire Everest region. After landing at Lukla, we start our trek by following a trail that gradually ascends as we trek along the left bank of Dudh Koshi river. Our trek passes through scrubby pine forest and beautifully painted Mani walls as we arrive at Ghat. From there a mixture of both uphill and downhill trekking will take us to Phakding.
- Phakding to Namche Bazaar [3440m] [approximately 5 hours trek]
We will cross a long suspension bridge and then trek over an undulating trail that passes through Benkar. We will cross Dudh Koshi river once more and follow the trail that is a gentle uphill climb to a small village of Monjo. Our uphill trekking continues as we pass through densely forested areas and head towards Sagarmatha National Park entry post where we need to register before heading further. After registration we will descend over stoned staircase to cross another suspension bridge and then make a long climb up to reach Namche Bazaar – The Sherpa Capital.
- Namche Bazaar for Acclimatization.
Acclimatization is very essential in higher altitudes to avoid mental or physical sickness and to ensure the successful climb of Lobuche Peak & EBC. Besides, Namche Bazaar is an extensive market town where there is always something to see and places to explore. For acclimatization we can hike up to Khunde Hospital which was set up by Sir Edmund Hillary, or an hour’s walk up to Syangboche at 3800 meters for best views of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. There are good views from the National Park Centre and the Museum which is located just above the town.
- Namche Bazzar to Tengboche, A walk of about 5 hours commences with the path that overlooks mountains and wildlife views. Lowering down to Kayangjuma, we will pass by the way of Sansa and cross the bridge at Dudhkoshi River to arrive at Phuki Thena. Bit further from Phukui Thena is located Tengboche which holds the largest Monastery in entire Khumbu Region.
- Tengboche to Dingboche: Enjoying the scenic views of Tobuche peak, Ama Dablam, Nuptse and other peaks, we will advance forward through several pretty small settlements lined with chortens and Mani Walls to Pangboche Village. To the north of Pangboche is located Pheriche which is a small Sherpa village with its diverse culture adjoining to Khumbu Glacier.
- Dingboche Rest, Acclimatization is very most important in higher altitudes to avoid mental or physical sickness and to ensure the successful climb of Lobuche Peak & EBC. Besides, Dingboche is a high Hil Mountain call Nagarjun hill where can see a nice snow mountain view to explore. For acclimatization we can hike up to chhhukun too which is a small village higher area from there also can see some more nice view too.
- Dingboche to Lobuche: Entering the Imja Valley, we will climbup to Lobuche River side, the trekking prolongs through the small wooden bridge over the stream then will reach Dugla which offers the engrossing spectacular views of Thamserku, Nuptse and other mountains. Climb up more then will reach to Lobuche where one can enjoy the exotic views of Nuptse, Pumori, Khumbutse and several other mountains.
- Lobuche to Everest Base Camp via Gorakshep Back to Gorakshep: The trek commences early in the morning. The trail pursues the rocky path enjoying the pleasant views of the pool of Khumbu glacier and icebergs. Crossing Thangma Riju, we will proceed through Changri Glacier to Gorak Shep Lake which will ultimately lead us to Everest Base Camp. Allocating some of the precious time to admire the nature at its best, we will take a return trip back to Gorakshep where we will be staying in a camp.
- Gorakshep to Lobuche via Kala Patthar The 11th day of trekking takes us to Kala Patthar where we can enjoy the sunset view despite Kala Patthar being appraised more for its sunset view in comparison to the sunrise view. Enjoying the hypnotic vistas of Everest and several other Mountains, we will take a trip back to Gorak Shep whence the trail descends all the way to Lobuche where we will be staying overnight.
- Lobuche to Lobuche Base Camp, We will pursue the steep rocky track to arrive at Lobuche Glacier that allows the panoramic views of Amadblam Thamserku and other mountains. A bit further is located Lobuche Base Camp where we will be wrapping the trek off for the day.
- Lobuche to Lobuche Base Camp, We will move for the trek to Lobuche Peak High Camp located at 5600 m altitude. A thorough study of the features is advisable prior to trekking towards Lobuche Peak High Camp as it can be tricky at some parts especially due to being snowy and thus slimy.
- Rest at Lobuche Base Camp, Acclimatization is very most important in higher altitudes to avoid mental or physical sickness and to ensure the successful climb of Lobuche Peak.
- Summit and back to Base Camp, Conquering the summit is going to be the most challenging part of our expedition. We will fix the cables wherever we feel it necessary and cut our way through pike axe and thus prepare for the climbing. We will reach to the summit through perilous trekking. But the climb will be worth visiting for its scenic views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Pumori and other mountains. Eventually, we will get back to Base Camp.
- Lobuche Base Camp to Pangboche, Leaving Lobuche Base Camp behind, we will move along the route to Everest Base Camp which continues through Lobuche and Pheriche to Pangboche where we will be visiting the famed Pangboche Monastery.
- Pangboche to Namche Bazaar:Crossing the Dudhkoshi River, we will tread along Dudh Koshi Gorge which let us through woods to Tengboche which is a beautiful village in the Khumbu region where the Sherpas reside. Getting down till phortse then get up to Kyangjuma, we will advance through woods where we will get to spot Himalayan Wildlife. Later we will be arriving at an Army Camp prior to our arrival at Namche Bazaar. On the way, we can take a break to visit the typical villages of Khumjung along with Khunde too.
- Namche Bazzar to Lukla, The trek continues further downhill as we reach Lukla after almost seven hours of trek. We will be staying in Lukla for the rest of the day as we prepare ourselves to board a flight back to Kathmandu the next day.
- Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
We will follow our flight schedule then take an early morning scenic flight from Lukla and fly back to Kathmandu. After landing at Kathmandu airport, you will be transferred to the hotel. You can either have rest at Hotel or pay a visit to attraction destination (world heritage sites of UNESCO) sites that weren’t possible on the second day of the trip. Walking around the busy streets of Kathmandu can be worth spending good time around Kathmandu city.
- Free day in Kathmandu
You would surely like to see as much of Kathmandu as possible. An early start is practical to visit the temples of Kathmandu. Also, walking around the shopping streets of Thamel is worth spending quality time at Kathmandu. We will celebrate the successful completion of our Nirekha Peak Climbing and have a final meal together in the evening.
Our Airport Representative will drop you at the International Airport as per your flight schedule.
Cost include for Package trek
- All hotel’s(B/B Plan) in City & Mountain area,
- All transport as our itinerary,
- All food(Breakfast, lunch & dinner) during trekking,
- All government taxes, National Park entry fees, TIMS & Peak climbing permits (Please bring 4 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- Experience English speaking guide and support staff to carry your luggage (two guest = one porter (including their daily wages, life insurances, trekking equipment, food and accommodation).
- Camping staff & neccesarry things for our peak climbing perioed,
- Trekking maps, Trekking poles, sleeping bag (if necessary, we provide)
- Medical support: emergency first aid kit carried.
- Water & any other kind of Drinks.
- lunch & dinner in kathmandu,
- Tips for guide and porters,
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies),
- Personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Services not mentioned herein
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.
Note:Please ensure names must be exactly the same as your passport (for ticketing/security purposes). You could incur extra costs or even miss your flight if the names are not correct.