(Based on trip reviews)
Activities: Engage in Tihar Festival
Hotels: Home stay
Tour Type: Local Festival
Tour Gread: 3
Must attraction of trijp: Observation of the real culture of Nepali people
Best time for this year: 16th Oct. to 24th Oct. for AD 2017
Transportation: By car/jeep/Bus
Minimum Group: 01 - 12
Itinerary type: Customized
Tihar Festival is the second biggest festival of Hindu’s in Nepal. It is celebrated for five days during dark moon, which comes soon after the Deshain. In five days Two day is very popular which is laxmi puja & bhai puja. It called dipawali too
1st day: – Kaga Puja: The first day of the festival is called Kaag Tihar (worship of the crow). Crows are worshiped by offerings of sweets and food on the roofs of houses. The cawing of crows is symbolizes sadness and grief in Hinduism, so devotees offer to them food to avert grief and death in their homes. Tihar represents the divine attachment between humans and other animals.
2nd day: – Kukura Puja the second day is called Kukur Tihar. Dogs are worshiped by offerings of sweets and other food on the roofs of houses. The dogs are symbolizes for security and grief in Hinduism,
3rd day: – laxmi puja,
third day is Gai Tihar (worship of the cow). In Hinduism, cow signifies prosperity and wealth. In ancient times people benefited a lot from the cow. Its milk, dung, even urine was used for purposes like purification. Feed the caw fresh grass & good food. Houses are cleaned and the doorways and windows are decorated with garlands made of sayapatri (marigolds) and makhamali (chrysanthemums) flowers.
In the evening Laxmi, the goddess of wealth is thanked for all the benefits that were bestowed on the families by lighting oil lamps (Diyo) or candles on doorways and windows to welcome prosperity and well being. At night the girls enjoy dancing and visiting all the houses of the neighborhood with musical instruments singing and dancing known as Bhailo all night long collecting money as tip from houses and share the price between themselves.
4th day: – Gobardhan puja, the fourth day of onward tihar is celebrated with pray ox then Deusi and Bhailo with light and fireworks. Deusi-Bhailo is singing & dancing by the people in neighbors. Nowadays social workers, politician, and young people visit local homes, sing these songs, and collect funds for welfare and social activities too.
5th day: – Bhai puja, the fifth day of Tihar sister pray the brother then feed many verity of food. Give new cloth with bless. It is observed by sisters put a tika to the foreheads of their brothers to ensure long life and thank them for the protection they provide.
- (16th Oct.) Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400m)
- (17th Oct.) Kathmandu (1400m)
- (18th Oct.) Kathmandu to masel,
- (19th Oct.) today is a third day of Tihar.
- (20th Oct.) today is a Fourth day of Tihar.
- (21st Oct.) today is a fifth day of Tihar.
- (22nd Oct.) Back to Kathmandu
- (23rd Oct.) free day in Kathmandu
- (24th Oct.) Farewell
- (27th Oct.) Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400m)
Our team member will be waiting outside the airport terminal a few meters from the exit door. Please check your name at Show card. He will bring you to hotel in Kathmandu. The drive from the airport to the hotel is around 30 minutes. After refreshment, we will brief your plan more visibly.
- (28th Oct.) Kathmandu (1400m)
Today is a first day of Tihar. We can see it & we explore Kathmandu on an organized sightseeing tour Guide. Watch Kag Tihar in kathmandu then we will visit Bodhnath Stupa and Pashupatinath temple.
- (29th Oct.) Kathmandu to masel,
Today is a second day of Tihar which called kukur (dog) Tihar. We will go a join your trip to the local guide then you are freely visiting his house & celebrate rest of the festival with his family. Masel is a western part of Nepal. It will take 8 hours by bus. This place is not fixable. You are free to choose a place to watch the festival.
- (30th Oct.) today is a third day of Tihar. Engaged with local people & pray the cow. You are free to join in to deusi-bhailo.
- (31th Oct.) today is a Fourth day of Tihar. Engaged with local people & pray the ox. You are free to join in to deusi-bhailo.
- (1st Nov.) today is a fifth day of Tihar. Engaged with local people & pray the bhai. You are free to join in to deusi-bhailo. Today is a special day of Tihar. make your trip special. Make a good relationship with brother or sister from here for your lifetime.
- (2nd Nov.) Back to Kathmandu
- (3rd Nov.) free day in Kathmandu
- (4th Nov.) Farewell
- Hotel in Kathmandu( standard)
- All food (three times a day)
- Four night is very Basic room’s will get in country side with villagers,
- All land transport as our itinerary,
- Finest, English speaking Guide for hiking, tour & country side tour,
- All side seen with private car with guide,
- All local entrance fee,
- Local maps
- Water & any other kind of Drinks,
- Tips for guide,
- Extra expanse for festival,
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies),
- Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc.),
- Personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses.
- Services not mentioned herein
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.
Note:Please ensure names must be exactly the same as your passport (for ticketing/security purposes). You could incur extra costs or even miss your flight if the names are not correct.