Upper Mustang Trek – 16 Days is moderate level trek and favorable for all the seasons throughout the year. Come and join Upper Mustang Trekking and make your holiday lifetime memorable.
Highlights of Upper Mustang Trek
- Upper Mustang trekking on the trekkers paradise Annapurna region.
- Awesome exploration sites of upper Mustang valley on special trekking area of Nepal .
- On the extension of high Tibetan plateau with age old Tibetan culture/religion.
- Once a forbidden kingdom, since last 30 years open the doors to outside world.
- A country of fascination with its ancient traditions and Tibetan way of life.
- Dramatic scenery with brown, green valleys and high snow-capped mountains.
- Grand views of Dhaulagiri, Damodar, Birkuti Himal & Annapurna mountains.
Upper Mustang Trek, also famous as trekking to Lo-Manthang ,which is popular as cold desert trekking in Nepal among serious adventure seekers. Upper Mustang trek – 16 Days is specially based on remote trekking area. Upper Mustang Trek – 16 Days give opportunity to explore thousands of years old monasteries around the Himalayan deserts of Nepal. Mustang is a typical valley & is known as hidden treasure of Nepal. The landscapes are really astonishing through lots of small caves which are thousands of years old. The northern part of Upper Mustang area is articulated with the Tibetan plateau. Upper Mustang area is rain gumshoe area so the trek is idea for monsoon season. Another stimulating fact about the Upper Mustang is that people have their own Local King of Mustang. Upper Mustang Trek – 16 Days is the most prevalent trekking route among all camping treks of Nepal.
Upper Mustang was barred to enter for foreigners until 1992 and this land is still prohibited for single trekkers so that the trekking should be organized by a company in group basis. You will also be needed an Immigration Permit issued by Department of Immigration, Nepal. Normally, Upper Mustang trekking starts after a mountain flight to Jomsom which is about half an hour. Jomsom is a lovely valley called which is mostly windy during the day. Jomsom is also the capital of whole Mustang District. From Jomsom the trekking goes slowly to high regions looking like deserts. Upper Mustang Trekking area has the domination of Tibetan influenced people & can be found them with their untouched typical culture. The Upper Mustang trekking region is judiciously expensive than Annapurna, Everest & Langtang Regions of Nepal.
Upper Mustang Trek - 16 Days essentially includes scenic flight to Jomsom through white snow capped mountains of Nepal, ascertaining the hidden kingdom of Nepal, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri and Mustang Himalayan ranges, amazing caves, natural landscapes, the king of Mustang, untouched Tibetan cultures.
Welcome to Nepal. You will meet our office representative in Tribhuwan International Airport who will help you to transfer to hotel. You can relax in your hotel room in remaining time.
Overnight in Kathmandu
After having early morning breakfast, we will head toward Pokhara on our private vehicle. On the way we will enjoy the great views of diverse landscapes and small villages. We will have lunch on the way. After driving for approximately 6 hours we will reach Pokhara which is very famous as city of lakes.
Overnight in Pokhara
We will have breakfast in the early morning to catch the morning flight to Jomsom. From Pokhara Airport we will take a domestic flight to Jomsom which offers us great aerial view of beautiful Pokhara city and different mountain ranges. After reaching there we will start walking towards Kagbeni. On the way we will pass through different small villages and diverse landscapes.
Overnight in Kagbeni
Today we will walk toward Chele, after entering the restricted area of Mustang we will continue to walk upwards. Putting the Kagbeni and Nilgiri Mountain at the back, we will continue to ascent via. Rolling hills and passing by beautiful village of ethnic communities. We will get chance rto explore the local traditions, cultures and lifestyle on the way.
Overnight in Chele
Gheling is a beautiful village in the rural Himalaya. Today’s walk offers us the best views of snow capped mountains and walk above the rolling hills is also wonderful experience. We will again pass by the small and beautiful villages and somewhere we can find stone walls and chortens too. We will get chance to observe the great scenarios.
Overnight in Gheling
After having breakfast in Gheling, we will continue our trek toward Charang. We will observe the great panorama of different snow capped mountains including Tilicho, Nilgiri and Annapurna. Passing through the small villages, cultivated lands and patches of forests we will reach Charang. One can explore thye beautiful chortens in Charang.
Overnight in Charang
After ascending from Charang we will travel via small patches of forests and cultivated lands. After some ascends we will reach the entrance of Lo Manthang valley. The maniwalls and chortens will make our trip more exciting. Lo Manthang is the capital of Mustang where king lives. This place also offers the best views of gigantic peaks and diverse landscape.
Overnight at Lo Manthang
Today after having breakfast we will explore the surrounding of Lo Manthang. As today is a day for acclimatization, we will not trek uphill. We will rest in Lo Manthang to make our trek complete happily and more comfortably.
Overnight in Lo Manthang
After one day of resting in Lo Manthang, we will continue toward Drakmar. On the way we will visit Buddhist chortens and gompas. The beautiful maniwalls and best views of high peaks adds the beauty to the trail. After walking for approximately 7 hours, we will reach Drakmar.
After having breakfast, we will retrace our footsteps and trek back to Syangboche. Where we are going to stay tonight.
Accommodation- Mountain Lodge
After having breakfast, we will trek back to Chhusang. On the way we will make a visit to Chungsi cave monastery which was originated thousands of years before. Retracing the footsteps we will reach Chhusang.
Overnight in Chhusang
Accommodation- Mountain Lodge.
Today we will make a visit to the sacred land of Hindus- Muktinath. Muktinath is very famous pilgrimage site of Hindu devotees. Thousands of people makes pilgrim to Muktinath Temple every year. Peoples believes that worshipping Muktinath will release a person from the chain of birth and death and one can rest in peace in heaven.
Overnight in Muktinath
Accommodation- Mountain Lodge.
Today we will trek from Muktinath toward Jomsom. After having breakfast we will have quite easy walk through the rolling hills. We will enjoy the great mountain vistas from the trail. After 5/6 hours of walking we will reach Jomsom valley.
Overnight in Jomsom
Accommodation- Mountain Lodge.
After having breakfast, we will take an early morning flight from Jomsom to Pokhara. This will offer us an opportunity to observe the aerial view of beautiful valleys and high gigantic peaks. On reaching Pokhara you can go for sightseeing in the famous sites of Pokhara including Phewa Lake, Begnas Lake and Davis Falls etc.
Overnight in Pokhara
Accommodation- 3 star rated hotel.
Today is the last day of our trekking. We will drive back in our private vehicle following the same trail. We will enjoy the great views landscapes and patches of small settlements. After reaching Kathmandu you can relax in your hotel room.
Today is the final day of your trip. Our office representative will drop you to the Tribhuwan International Airport 3 hours before your scheduled flight. Or, if you have some more days in Nepal and want to join some short tour packages than inform us, we are always here to help you.
- One night stay at the hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast with twin sharing basic.
- Two night stay at the hotel in Pokhara including breakfast with twin sharing basic.
- All government taxes and Annapurna conservation entry fees.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara via Tourist Bus
- Pokhara to Kathmandu via Tourist Bus
- Flight tickets: Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara (Round Trip) – for guide & Porter
- Flight tickets: Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara (Round Trip) – for customer
- TIMS CARD (Trekking Information Management System).
- Annapurna Conservation Permit
- Specail Permit for Upper Mustang 500 USD Per Person for 10 Days
- Required number of experienced English speaking guides and support staff (we pay for their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipment, food and accommodation).
- 14 days porter wages and his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipment
- 14 days guide wages and his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipment
- Rescue arrangement in emergency situation & worst weather condition
- 11 nights Lodge accommodation during the trek on tea house services.
- Necessary ground transportation depending upon your request (via tourist bus or private vehicle).
- Trekking Ending Point to Pokhara
- Trekking poles, sleeping bag/duffle bag (we provide these if necessary).
- Trekking maps.
- Rubbish disposal.
- Our service charge and government taxes.
- Tips to guides and support staff.
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies, such as ground transportation & Heli recue/medical/hospitalization. Medical etc).
- Your International flight ticket airfare
- Energetic chocolate/energy drinks/alcohol/mineral water/cigarettes/packing food snacks etc
- Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc).
- Personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses, such as Laundry/WIFI on trek/phone call
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Nepal entry visa fees which can get up on your arrival in Kathmandu airport
- Services not mentioned herein
Permit & Entry Fees:
It is compulsory to pay Everest National Park entry fee and TIMS card to trek in this area.
An emergency first aid kit is carried by the support staff at all times.
Accommodation and meals:
During tea house treks our guests pay for their food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) at the lodge while we provide guides/accommodation/necessary permit and transportation. It can be USD $25 per person each day for food (Lunch/dinner/breakfast)
Mineral waters are available at all stops during tea house treks. You can also use tap water if you choose to use water purification tablets.
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all clients who choose to trek or climb with us. The insurance should cover you in case of emergencies like accidents, altitude sickness and ambulance and helicopter rescue charges if required. Please carry a copy of your insurance papers while travelling in Nepal and do send us a copy as well. This will help us in making all the necessary arrangements in case of any sort of emergencies.
Best Season for Everest Panorama View Trek
- Spring : March – May
- Summer: June – August
- Autumn: September – November
- Winter: December – February
While there are no seasonal constraints on traveling to Nepal, different regions are best visited in different seasons. Once you inquire about any trekking itinerary we’ll email you regarding the best season for that particular trek.
Check-list of personal equipment:
- Good standard trekking boots
- Camping shoes/thongs
- Down Jacket
- Trekking trousers
- Shorts (both casual and for treks)
- Swim wear
- Sun Hat
- Woollen Hat
- Nylon Windbreaker
- Strong Rucksack
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
- Toilet paper
- Sun block
- Travel Towel
- Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
- Camera & lenses
- Memory cards
- GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
- Book/music player/pack of cards
- A plastic bag for waste
- Energy/snack bars