Tamang Heritage Trek is an easy trek to Langtang Region and is the best way to explore the less known traditional cultures, unique languages and spiritual connections of Tamang Peoples with giant Himalayas. The 14 Days Tamang Heritage Trek starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu and follows the very beautiful trail filled with enormous natural beauty and cultural heritages.
Highlights of Tamang Heritage Trek
- Observe the local Tamang’s way of life and their ancient Bonpo and Tibetan Buddhist Culture.
- Witness the acknowledged monasteries and traditional wood carved houses at the village of Thuman
- Explore the Langtang Valley in the central Himalayan region of Nepal.
- Panoramic views of Langtang Himalayan Ranges including Langtang Lirung 7425m, Ghengu Liru(Langtang II 6571m), Dorje Lakpa 6980m, Gangchempo 6,387m, Naya-Kanga 5,846m, Jugal Himal 6080 m
- Experience the natural spa treatment at hot natural springs.
- Experience local food and tradition while home stay in Bridhham .
- Highest hiking point to Langtang (3430m).
- Experience the exceptionally warm and cordial hospitality of the “Tamangs”
- Mystical landscapes and rich of cultural heritage flora and fauna make your journey more exciting.
- Explore the UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu city with an experienced city guide.
People of Multicultural, multi -linguistic, unique festivals, costume and tradition has single home Nepal which is also known as multiethnic diversified country. Nepal is not only renowned for its beautiful Himalayas range and natural beauty but also equally famous for its captivating different rich traditional cultures of people. As the Tamang Heritage Trek package also focuses on promoting the culture and traditions of the ethnic Tamang and Lama community of the Langtang region. Board on this anthropological trekking in Nepal and experience the great traditions of this Himalayan people.
Tamang Heritage Trek is a stimulating trek into the Himalayas that offers travelers a glimpse into the every-day lives of the Tamang people who are Nepalese mountain residents of the Langtang region. The Tamang Heritage Trek 14-day trip begins from Kathmandu with visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Next, we drive to Syabrubesi and starts our actual trekking into the langtang region. Throughout our journey we will be pleased with outstanding views of the Himalayas and get familiar with the culture and traditions of the Tamangs who live in close purlieu to the mighty Langtang.
Blend with the Tibetan origin of people along with the Lamas/Moktans/Tamangs of the Langtang in this blissful journey taking you to some of the remarkable places of the Langtang region trekking and Ganesh Himal Trekking. During the Tamang Heritage Trek trekkers find the natural wonders snuggled symphonically in the expert supervision of these fearless people. The natural hot water springs to the communities and their adjoining farmlands award the unique opportunity to understand the root of these wonderful terrains. Villages like Gatlang, Briddim, Tatopani and others are the best hideaway destination to understand the true spirit of the hilly and Himalayan lifestyle. Moreover, visual delights of the fabulous Himalayas and diversions along the forests, rivers and hilly landscape contribute in creating the fabulous moments of marching in Nepal. The grand view of the mountains like Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Gaurishankar, Shishapangma and others will add the gloss to this glorious anthropological trekking in Nepal.
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1300m|
|2||Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation||1440m|
|3||Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi||1550m|
|4||Trek begins: Syabrubesi to Gatlang : 5 hours||2200m|
|5||Gatlang to Tatopani : 6-7 hours||2607m|
Tatopani to Thuman via Brimdang and Nagthali: 6 hours
|7||Thuman to Briddim : 6 hours||2345m|
|8||Briddim to Lama Hotel||2470m|
|9||Lama Hotel to Langtang village , 6-7 hours||3430m|
|10||Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa||3870m|
|11||Trek back to Lama Hotel||2380m|
|12||Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi: 5 hours|
|13||Drive to Kathmandu||1440m|