Don’t you know about trekking and asking the question “What is trekking?” Trekking is the very popular activity considered in Nepal. The word trekking refers the hiking or walking in the natural environment. Trekking in Nepal means walking multiple days in the Himalayas.
Travelers who visit Nepal is surprised to find on the streets of Kathmandu and Pokhara of all the trekking hub, with guides, organised tours and gear for sale or rent. These huge variety of options allows to people of many ages and capabilities to attempt a trek in the country. While people who spend a year planning an expedition to wild and adventures places that few would dare attempt, can also step in Kathmandu with no plans and be on the trail in a Trekking is the very popular activity considered in Nepal, and travelers will be surprised to find the trekking related offices and stores in Kathmandu and Pokhara. These huge variety of options allows to people of many ages and capabilities to attempt a trek in the country. While people who spend a year planning an expedition to wild and adventures places that few would dare attempt, could also arrive in Kathmandu with no plans and be on the trail in a matter of few days .
Despite what many may perceive, trekking in Nepal is not necessarily drifting alone through an unexplored wilderness. As they walk along through the well-marked trekking paths, travelers will often discover quite the opposite of their expectation, as hundreds of local people found passing through every day as they haul food, water and other necessities back to their villages, along with many other fellow trekkers. The regularly-spaced villages and teahouses allow trekkers to have good rest and relax, for a minute either for few nights. The strong culture and warm friendliness of the Nepalese people can also be witnessed as one traverses the hill tracks.
What do you need for trekking in Nepal?
- Wise packing is very important while trekking or hiking. Packing can either make or worsen your trekking experience.
- If you pack less, it may make you run out of necessities during the trek. While packing more is also not really fruitful as it increases the weight of your backpack.
- Before you pack, it is very necessary to know about the place you are going. You must collect info on weather, terrain, altitude, and environment of the place you will be hiking.
- Your packing list will also vary according to the type of trekking you choose. It depends on the number of trekking days and the available facilities en route.
- Teahouse treks demands you to carry much less than the camping-treks.
- This list addresses the necessity of an average lodge-based trekking.
When can you trek in Nepal?
- Winter in Nepal brings great visibility, but temperatures can drop to a teeth-chattering one-degree, so your trek is likely to become as much about endurance as it is enjoyment.
- The Annapurna hiking circuit is the most likely to be affected by snowfalland has been known to close during winter.
- A lot of the cheaper hotels in Kathmandu have no heatingand can get very chilly during winter, so pack your thermals to avoid discomfort.
- During Nepal’s monsoon season, it doesn’t necessarily rain all day, but it does rain every day, so trails are muddy and rife with leeches, the mountains are often thick with cloud, and landslides are common and disruptive to travel plans.
- During the monsoon, more rain falls at night than during the day, so the morning are often crisp and beautiful – if you want to travel then, avoid Nepal’s more popular circuits and head to Manang, Mustang or Dolpo, Himalayan areas that sit in rain shadows.
Nepal Trekking Season generally known best as two seasons after falls and after the winter. The following month mid of September to mid of December consider ever best season of trekking in Himalayas. During this period of months have pleasant climate condition not so hot and cold and visibility of mountain are crystal clear. There is another best season of trekking Nepal after winter when sun getting more warmer in spring time many trekkers to Himalayas can again enjoy comfortable climate condition. In spring season in Nepal many different types of flowers bloom both trees and ground and it is also the best time to climb up peaks for expedition.