If you are planning for Everest Base Camp trekking but unknown about How much money to take on Everest Base Camp trek, then this article is for you.
Everest Base Camp Trek is most one of the bestselling trekking package in Nepal. It takes above 10 days to complete the trekking on foot. So cost of the trekking is depends on the duration of the trek and the service you want to use.
Below is the tentative cost idea for Everest Base Camp trekking.
Money Required for Everest Base Camp Trek
- Guide Salary: US$ 30 per day
- Porter Salary: US$ 20 per day
- Accommodation: US$ 10- 50 per day
- Food: US$ 30 – $45 (BLD) per day
- Tea/Coffee & Water: $10 per day
- National Park Entry Fee: US$ 30 (One time)
- TIMS: US$ 10 (One time)
- Flight Ticket: US$ 360 (Round Trip)
- Tips for guide and porter: Around $70 (not mandatory)
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek
- Scenic Mountain flight over the Himalayas (Kathmandu- Lukla- Kathmandu)
- Sherpa villages, culture and lifestyle, old monasteries, prayers flags, Prayer wheels
- Exquisite massif (Mount Everest, Pumori, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse), thrilling view of glacier (Khumbu), sensational trekking trails, high suspension bridges, unexposed flora and fauna en-route
- Panoramic view of sunrise and sunset at the world’s highest peak Mount Everest(8848 m) from Kalapathar (5555 m).